Discord is one of the most widely used VoIP applications and can be used on varied operating systems and platforms. Most of its users are gamers who used it as a communication medium while gaming. Like any other program out there, it is also not untouched of errors and issues.
One of the common issues found in discord includes Screen Share No Audio. It means users noticed an error in the sound utility of its Screen Share functionality. So how are we supposed to it? Well, there are plenty of ways for the same. Let’s check out each one by one.
Why does Discord Screen Share No Audio issue occur?
Before getting to know the methods of fixing the issue, we should first understand the possible reasons behind the same. To troubleshoot an issue in a correct manner, the root cause behind it must be known. So let’s have a look at some possible causes behind the stated issue.
- Outdated/Bad Audio Drivers: When your system’s audio drivers are outdated or corrupt, they are likely to create hindrance to any audio-related functionality.
- Audio in the initial phase: The audio feature of the Screen share mechanism is in its initial phase and hence you may face some errors in it. This feature was first introduced in the beta version.
- Application related issues: If your discord application possesses some kind of associated issue, it might lead to the stated error.
- Administrative Access: While sharing your entire screen to a remote computer requires you to provide administrative access.
How To Fix discord Screen Share No Audio?
To fix the stated error, go through the following methods carefully. It might resolve the issue for you. Let’s get started.
Method 1: Provide Administrative Access
As discussed above, screen sharing to a remote computer requires you to give administrative access. Therefore, follow these steps to give administrative access and check if the issue is solved.
- Press Windows + E keys and go to the directory where discord is installed.
- Now right-click on the exe file of the application.
- Choose Properties and go to the Compatibility tab.
- Check the option Run this program as an administrator.
- Hit Apply to complete the process and you are good to go.
Method 2: Update Discord
Another method to fix the stated error is to update the discord application. Just make sure that you are using an updated version for the same. Sometimes an outdated version creates unwanted issues. After updating the application successfully launch it and check if the issue persists.
Recommended: Fix Discord Search Not Working on Windows
Method 3: Update Audio Drivers
An outdated or bad audio driver is most likely to cause hindrance to audio-related functionality. You can make use of third-party tools like Driver Easy to update your system’s drivers with ease. It can be done manually but it is tedious, time-consuming, and requires good technical knowledge.
Method 4: Add Activity
It is an underrated method of solving the stated error. Discord is an application that automatically detects your activity and acts according to the same. You can use it as a way to resolve your Screen Share no audio issue. Here’s how.
- Open Discord application and go to Settings.
- At the left panel, click Games > Games Activity.
- Now add the application in which audio isn’t working properly.
- During this process, just make sure you aren’t running the application as an administrator.
- If the application is already there, remove it and add it again.
- If the issue persists, enable the option “Enable in-game overlay”.
- Finally, check if the issue is resolved.
Method 5: Switch to “Push To Talk”
Whenever there is an audio activity, discord detects it automatically. With the screen share audio feature of the beta version, you may face several issues. To fix it, you can stop the automatic detection and enable push to talk feature. After it is enabled you need to press a specific key to capture and transmit audio.
Method 6: Avoid Full-Screen Mode
We have seen users encountering Discord Screen Share No Audio issue while using the full-screen mode. It sometimes creates a hindrance to the permissions and access and hence discord couldn’t process audio. Try to use the application in a minimized format and check if the issue is gone.