You are going to play Skyrim and come across a loading screen, which stays for a very long time. Now you just don’t know what to do? Well don’t worry, you are not the only one with this issue. Several Skyrim users out there have come across the same infinite loading screen problem or game stuck on the loading screen.
We will deal with the causes behind this problem and the fixes to resolve the same. So without any further delay, let’s get started.
Why does Skyrim crash on the loading screen?
Skyrim crash on the loading screen usually occurs when there is a shortage of memory. Another common reason behind the stated issue is corrupt files. So now let’s get started with the methods to fix the same.
Methods to Fix Skyrim Stuck On Loading Screen Issue on Windows
Your Skyrim screen is stuck on the loading screen and you just don’t know what to do. Here are some methods to fix the stated issue.
Method 1: Update the system drivers
Outdated system drivers lead to several unwanted errors and issues. To fix Skyrim stuck on the loading screen, update your system drivers. It can be done in two following ways–
- Manual: In this method, you are supposed to visit the official manufacturer’s website and download & install each driver manually. It is a very tedious task and must be done only when you have good technical knowledge.
- Automatic: Instead of manually updating each driver, it is better to install a third-party driver updater tool and let it do this job for you. It is a quick, safe, and convenient method. There are plenty of such programs in the market that scans your entire system, detect problematic drivers, and update them automatically.
Recommended: Fix KurtzPel Crashing Issue on Windows
Method 2: Change memory allocation
As mentioned earlier, Skyrim stuck on the loading screen may occur due to memory shortage. Therefore you can change memory allocation to fix the stated issue. Follow these steps.
- At first, navigate Skyrim\data\SKSE\Plugins\Safety Load.ini.
- Open the file and change the value of EnableOnlyLoading from false to true.
- Hit Save and exit the file.
- Finally, launch Skyrim to check if the issue is solved.
Method 3: Uninstall the mods
More than one mod installed may cause the Skyrim stuck on the loading screen issue. So you have also had multiple mods, uninstall them one by one and check if the game works fine. We advise you to never install multiple mods at a time. Just install one at a time and keep checking the game. If it works fine, then install another mod and so on.
Method 4: Reinstall your Skyrim
When none of the above methods works out for you and fixes the issue. Then simply reinstall Skyrim game and it will fix the issue for you. Go through these steps for uninstallation.
Step 1: Firstly, uninstall Skyrim from your system.
Step 2: Now delete this folder– [Username]\Documents\MyGame\Skyrim.
Step 3: In the next step, delete the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam apps\common\Skyrim.
Step 4: Restart the system.
Step 5: Go to the official website and download the game again. Reinstall it and play without any interruption.
You can easily fix Skyrim stuck on loading screen issue using these methods. Many Windows 10 gamers are facing this issue after the new Windows 10 update. If you are still facing this issue after applying these solutions then comment below.