UNCServer.exe is an important part of Windows as the users also question this information because the program takes a considerable amount of space.
As we can also see that the program is constant in Windows 7, 8.1 and 10. Which means the program is a very important part of Windows and is used for an important purpose.
The file is used for updating as this file is the most important file in the system perhaps you can read it by yourself as well. This article is for those who want to learn the importance of UNCServer.exe.
What Is UNCServer.exe?
UNCServer.exe is an executable file which is a system update server module. The abbreviation of UNC is Universal Naming Convention.[box title=”” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#343e47″ border_style=”solid” bg_color=”#effaff” align=”left”]
The work of this module is to run some task at the background or on a different window when system updates are running. The program will start its work as soon as the Lenovo starts its system update.
The main purpose of this file is to open inbound TCP and UDP traffic for system update to self-update, it also installs and updates some pending packages that are waiting to be installed.
If you go to Task Manager in the process tab you will see UNCServer.exe is continuously working and if the installation is finished and all the packages have been installed the process will automatically terminate itself.
If you are pretty sure that UNCServer is open all the time and working then there are chances that your system is manifest by a bug who is refusing to terminate the program even after system updates are done.
Should I Remove UNCServer.exe?
Removing the UNCServer.exe is not an option as we have mentioned before the file works for Lenovo system update and is very important for Lenovo.
If you are thinking the file holds any type of malicious activity so why did Lenovo grant him every permission of network it even has the access of UDP and TCP ports of both domain and public profiles.
To ensure that UNCServer.exe is not a malicious program or does not hold a threat to the system you can easily scan it with the software Malwarebytes.
The Malwarebytes software was invented for this purpose hence the software can easily tell you if the file is safe in your system or you have to remove it. If the scan reveals that the file is safe and can do its work without any fear of removing so you also should not remove it unless the file harms your computer in anyway.
How to Remove UNCServer.exe?[box title=”” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#fff8ef” border_style=”solid” bg_color=”#fff8ef” align=”left”]
You can prevent the file from working on your system but this solution comes with some consequences as it can make your activities limited on your PC.
The system will not make any self-updates and many other things will get limited access as well. But if you still want to go with the uninstallation here’s what you need to do.
Method #1: Uninstall Lenovo System Update
This method will tell you how you can uninstall the Lenovo system update. And what will be the causes when this problem takes place.
As it will give some of your files limited access to the other file and the most importantly your system will unable to do self-updates as well as it can now only access some limited functions of your system.
- First, press Windows key + R altogether of your keyboard to open a Run dialogue box then type appwiz.cpl and press enter to open up the program and features window
- When you will enter the program and features below scroll or navigate to find Lenovo system update and after that right-click on it and choose to uninstall from the context.
- After that, follow all the instructions of the uninstallation wizard and when the uninstallation is done restart the computer
- Once the computer starts again quickly go to Task Manager and check if UNCServer is still using all the resources of your computer. I assure you the system will not use any resources after this method is completed
If this method does not resolve this issue or if you are looking for some less destructive method you do not have to look further just scroll down.
Method #2: Uninstall TVSU Update Task
If you do not want the file to delete completely and just want to prevent this program from draining all the resources of your system.
There is a way for that too, you can disable TVSU update task as it also controls some partial parts of this program and if this update task is disabled the process will also be removed from the background run.
So just let’s take a look to how you can disable this update task.[box title=”” border_width=”1″ border_color=”#343e47″ border_style=”solid” bg_color=”#effaff” align=”left”]
- First, press Windows + R to open up the Run dialogue box, when the dialogue box opens type taskschd.msc in the typing bar and press enter as soon as you press enter a Task Scheduler Utility window will open
- After that, when you are at the Task Scheduler Utility window, expand the vertical menu to the right which is called as Task scheduler library and select TVT from the submenu
- Then, move over the cursor to the right pane menu and scroll down the risk of tasks until you locate TVSU update task
- After that, when you are done with scrolling and when you see it right-click on the process and then click on disable from the context menu to disable the task altogether
- When the change is been done click ok and then restart the computer so you can see the changes
- When the computer starts the change will prevent Lenovo system updates from running on a scheduler and leave UNCServer for running in the background. The best part is you can open Lenovo system updates and can update it manually whenever you like it
FAQ’s – UNCServer.exe
Is.EXE Always a Virus?
Not every .exe is a virus as there can be a lot of .exe files and are performing a various task under various different software. As some .exe file can be a virus as they can become a virus.
But it is also possible that the .exe is from a safe and trusted source and that’s why much different software does not contain any type of virus.
As a matter of fact, the virus comes with an attached file which is attached with the original file so if you are using a .exe file then you should scan it with antivirus first before using in any type of software.
As we have learned today various different methods to uninstall the UNCServer.exe.
The file is very much important for the system as it takes care of the updates of the system and gives you many different features from the other file such as self-update which will be automatically started.
Whenever an update is found and there is one more that will give the file access of TCP and UDP traffic and also can automatically terminate itself whenever the work is done.
If you have any queries regarding this article feel free to leave a comment in our comment section as we will reply to you as soon as possible.[box title=” ” border_width=”2″ border_color=”#fff8e5″ border_style=”solid” bg_color=”#fff8e5″ align=”left”]
Click Here to Run a free Scan for UNCServer.exe Related Errors.