If your PC is performing really slow and can not manage to open files so that means it has many several errors. If the errors contain an Ntfs.sys error then it can be a major problem for your PC and for you as well.
When an Ntfs.sys error comes your screen hangs and turn into blue and as a result, you have to boot the windows gain from the start by a CD or a USB.
The error code for Ntfs.sys could NTFS FILE SYSTEM or SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION.
It is not so much of a big issue because we have arranged this article for this purpose and we have given all the solutions to these problems down below. So just scroll down and find the solution to this problem.
What Is Ntfs.sys?
The Ntfs.sys file location is C:\ Windows\ System 32\ drivers folder.
The solution for this is usually a reboot of Windows.
What Failed NTFS.sys
If you see it through every error have its cause. If you look through Ntfs.sys then you will see two errors.
The first error NTFS FILE SYSTEM will lead you to the corruption of hardware drivers or disk errors.
As for the other error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION may be induced by an antivirus which is not working properly and conflicted with the system, corrupted or some outdated driver making problems or by a problematic RAM stick.
How to Fix BSOD Caused by Ntfs.sys Failure?
The Ntfs.sys errors can be resolved so check which error is it and start working to resolve the error with us.
Error Code# 1: NTFS FILE SYSTEM
- First, hold down the power button for 10 seconds to make your computer complete shutdown
- Then, press the power button to turn on the computer, once the computer gets to a certain point where the logo of the window show up press the power button for 10 seconds to shut it down again
- Press the power button again to open the computer, once it reaches the point of windows logo hold the power button for 10 seconds again to turn off the computer
- Press the power button again and do not interrupt it this time as you will see your computer in WinRe mode
- On the Choose an option screen choose to Troubleshoot -> Advanced option -> Startup Settings -> Restart
- After the restart, you will see a blue screen with several options press 5 or F5 to select safe mode with networking
Now, you should go to the event viewer
- Click start and go to the event viewer
- Right-click event viewer and click run as administration
- Expand windows logs and choose systems
- Check the errors that coincided on the blue screen, fix the errors according to the information
Method# 1: Fix Disk Corruption
- Enter the safe mode with command prompt using the steps that are mentioned above
- Open this PC and right-click on the problematic drive and choose properties
- After that, go to the Tools tab and click the check button
Method# 2: Update the Device Driver
An outdated or corrupted driver is the cause of failed Ntfs.sys as you can fix this problem by going into the event viewer and update the driver.
- First, open the safe mode with networking with the mentioned above steps
- Right-click on this PC and go to manage and after that click on device manager
- Expand Display adapters and right-click on the graphic driver and choose update driver
Error Code# 2: SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION
As we mentioned some methods of updating the drivers for resolving the problem of the blue screen. These ways will also help you in achieving that solution.
Method# 1: Update Windows
Updating windows can help you solve many problems as they will not only update some known bugs but also update some drivers.
- Enter safe mode by the following step that is mentioned above
- Click Start and type update
- Choose check for updates
- After clicking check for updates, windows will show you some new updates, click Install Now to install and make sure to install all the updates
Method# 2: Run System File Checker Tools
System file check tool is a built-in Windows tool that is used for checking and repairing the corrupted drivers. This tool is used for repairing Ntfs.exe into its original shape.
- Follow the above steps to enter the safe mode with command prompt
- When you enter safe mode click start and search cmd
- Then, right-click on command prompt and choose to run as administrator
- If you are using Windows 10, you should first run the DISM.exe to make a windows image to protect the data and in case of losing the personal data (DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth)
- When the DISM is completed write this command to scan and repair your system (sfc/scannow)
Method# 3: Check the RAM
How to Recover Files Lost due to Ntfs.sys Error?
If you have fix the issue regarding Ntfs.exe then congratulations. But sometimes while repairing your system some data gets lost and many people do not know how to get it back.
But there is a way to make that data reappear in your system again. A software name EaseUs data recovery can take care of your lost belongings and make them come back in your system.
There are some types that will guide you on how to use this software.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that this file is dangerous to your computer and harm your computer in several ways.
So always remember to keep a check on updates and update all the desired drivers whenever the update comes. When Ntfs.exe fails you will get a blue screen which means the death of the system.
For this to prevent from happening do keep a check on updates and update your system on time so it can last long. As we are saying goodbye we would like to tell you that if there are any queries that you have to ask we will be here for your assistance.
Feel free to comment in our comment we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.