Mac lovers are always willing for something new and they love all the new initiatives that bring convenience to the device performance so do iPhone lovers. iPhone is another most used device all over the world.
And what could be more interesting then connecting your Apple device to your mac? It will also enhance the productivity of your apple devices and their efficiency.
Here in this article, we will discuss the possible alternatives that can help your iPhone to connect to your mac,
Itunes is the most effective alternative when it comes to connecting the iPhone to your mac. iTunes lets you access music, videos and many other features very easily.
In addition to this, there are two different ways to sync the iTunes for connecting iPhone to mac. The first one is follows
- With the help of your iPhone cable connect your phone with your mac, take the cable and connect one end to your phone and the other to the USB port on your mac and this will help you sync your mac conveniently.
- If your Mac and iPhone are connected by the same internet device then they can easily sync without the wire.
You can also sync your mac by using wifi, but before considering this method you must consider few things which are mentioned below,
- iPod touch
- Ipad running ios 5 or a higher version
You need to make sure that your phone and computer must be connected to the same internet if you want to sync with efficiency with the updated version such as iTunes 10.6 or higher.
iCloud is another good alternative to connect your iPhone to mac by signing the same account or you can also change the settings by syncing them.
You need to sign in to your Apple ID to start the process in iCloud
- Open settings and enter your name at the top of the screen
- Select iCloud and sign in with your Apple ID and password
iCloud to Mac
- Select the Apple menu at the top left corner of the screen
- Open system preferences and select iCloud
- Sign in with your Apple ID and password
- Then follow the on-screen commands
Data can be synced with the help of iCloud and the features that include calendars, contact, email, home kit and many more.
But you must keep this thing in mind that you need apple’s pre-installed application to run the above-mentioned features smoothly. Once the device is synced to the same settings using iCloud.
And if you want the synced contacts to use the first 3 steps that are mentioned above!
By Using Continuity
Apple’s continuity is one of the efficient features for apple lovers.
With the help of this amazing feature, you can answer your iPhone calls by your Mac very easily and you can also write an email in Mac and send it to your iPhone.
To use continuity you need to take the following steps,
- Sign in to the same iCloud account on all devices
- Make sure that you use the same internet connection for all the devices
- Turn on Bluetooth on both devices
- Then turn on the handoff. In addition to this, on Mac open system preferences and then general. Allow handoff between the current mac and iCloud device box.
- Moreover, in the iPhone select settings > general and then handoff. Move handoff slider to on/green.
Continuity Features That Help IPhone Connecting To Mac
Continuity has some amazing features that will help your iPhone to connect to Mac very easily. Let’s discuss three of them which are compatible with your mac than many others,
First, we have Handoff, this exceptional feature lets you handoff items between devices. With the help of this you can transfer a web page conveniently you are viewing on your Mac to your iPhone.
Moreover, you can write an email to one device and send it to another and the best of all get the directions for mac Maps application and transfer them to your iPhone.
Answering phone calls. This is another effective alternative for mac lovers as they can make or answer phone calls if their phone is another room by using Mac. But first, you need to enable this feature by going to settings.
To do this you need to follow these steps,
- Select settings > phone and call on other devices then move the slider to another device or allow calls to other devices to on/green.
- Then we have a universal clipboard, which lets you copy texts, images or any other data to paste in your iCloud account very easily.
- That means if you copy anything in your iPhone that will be automatically copied in your Mac as well.
Moreover, there are many other quick alternatives that can help you iPhone connect to your Mac conveniently such as,
Hotspot: a personal hotspot can easily connect your iPhone to Mac as both the devices have the same sharing services and content.
Just make sure to enable this option from your iPhone to use it conveniently by switching to iCloud music library from settings. These were the most convenient and effective alternatives that can help your iPhone connect to the Mac easily.
Make sure that you do every step as mentioned to avoid any uncertain situation as any slight mistake can cause your Mac’s efficiency or performance.
Having said that, the guide to connect iPhone to mac came to an end. We hope that we were able to bring the best and easy alternatives for you.
Moreover, if you have any query you can contact us as we would love to hear from you!