Safari is a web browser based on the Web kit engine developed by Apple.
A mobile version has been bundled with iOS devices since its introduction in 2007, which was first released on the desktop with Mac OS X Panther in 2003.
Safari is Apple’s default client. You can download all sorts of files using Safari such as images, documents, and videos, etc.
Safari is a very good alternative to use for any browsing or downloading the file.
Here in this article, we will discuss how you can easily download files using Safari on your Mac;
In this guide we have,
- Finding the download folder
- Downloading files from safari
- How to change the location of downloaded files
- By using documents 5
By Finding The Download Folder
The first thing you need to do is find the folder where you have all the downloaded files from Safari as the location of all the downloaded files is the same which is also called downloads folder.
Search on the dock in finder then select the download folder from the list of the finder.
Downloading Files From Safari
On Apple’s website, there is a link to download images for Airpods pro.
Over there hit the left click to start downloading the files. The files will begin to download as they have a direct link to it.
Here you can easily view or delete the downloaded safari files.
How To Change The Location of Downloaded Files?
We would highly recommend that you keep the downloads folder for all the safari downloads.
But if you really want to change the location of the default folder then follow the steps mentioned below,
- Open safari and at the top of the toolbar select preferences and then choose general.
- Then click the drop-down box, select the location for safari downloads
- You can change the default folder whenever you want to and in case you forgot then visit the same menu again to see the location of the folder which you have changed
By Using Documents 5 ( Readdle)
Documents 5 is another effective application for you if you want to download safari files.
It’s a multi-functional browser and file manager.
- Firstly open the documents 5 apps and click the browser button at the bottom right corner to switch the browser mode.
- Then run the page with the download link and click on it.
- Next, you need to set the location of the downloaded files to be saved in and select Done.
- You can see all your downloads in the downloads option
- You can check the menu to see the alternatives to open any file by using another app
Having said that, the guide to download files using Safari on a Mac came to an end.
We hope that we were able to deliver the best alternatives for you. In case of any query do contact us as we truly value your feedback.