Today we are going to discuss every aspect of all the ways to customize icons in windows 10.
You will know every way of changing actions for any builtin application that you deem necessary.
Windows have better accessibility and fat wider user access than you can ever imagine.
It even allows you to customize icons in the whole operating system according to your liking.
So let’s get started with the good stuff, shall we?
Without taking more of your precious time we will head straight towards the best ways to customize icons in windows 10.
You will have a far wider understanding of gaining access to the options of customizing any icon you want.
As windows 10 operating system provides better access to the users, it is also making sure that you can familiarize yourself with the whole environment of widows.
Where to Find Custom Icons for Windows 10?
If you don’t have new icons, you can’t replace the old ones. So before moving ahead with customizing, you will need some icons.
Even the operating system has some extra, built-in ones yet they are not so appealing.
Here you can rely on Flaticon for the new Windows icon. This resource is quite reliable and contains over a million icons.
Each of them is high-quality and in most promising packs so anyone could have them.
Either you can download single ones or have the whole pack, depends on you.
Apart from this site, you can also find amazing icons on IconArchive, GraphicBurger. These icons are ready to use.
Converting PNG Images to ICO Icons
You will have to convert the icons into ICO files as Windows uses this format.
Hence you will have to convert the PNG or if any format you have.
Even for this conversion, you can use ConvertICO as it comes with the easiest method.
All you need to do is upload at least 50 PNG images, all at once for the conversion.
Or if you want to then enter the URL of the icon/image and skip the downloading step.
Always keep in mind to place all ICO files in its folder and put it in a permanent location. If not done then later it can cause problems.
These icons will not only look good but also come with an amazing appearance when turned into icons.
A better image of PNG value can be an amazing ICO icon if it is designed properly. It gives an astounding appearance when you use it as an ICO icon for any application.
Change Program Icons in Windows 10
As it is the latest OS, Windows 10 makes it facile to change the icon for a shortcut.
But it is not for the main executable so you will have to need a desktop shortcut for the icon to be changed.
- First of all, search an app in your Start menu then right-click the name and opt for Open file location.
- The folder will open, then right-click the program name and opt to Send to then Desktop.
- Next, you can alter the shortcut on your desktop. Then right-click and opt for Properties so a new window opens up.
- Next, switch to the Shortcut tab and there at the bottom click on the Change Icon
- There you will see a list of alternative icons in the app. Click on the Browser to set your icon and navigate the location where the ICO files are saved.
- At last, double click on 1 to select it, choose OK there on both the dialogue boxes. And you are all set.
Change All Folder Icons at Once
Yes, that’s right, you can change the folder icons all at once. Though this method may not work on Windows 10 version 1903.
Else it is a pretty much efficient method.
Here is a list of all the information that you need to know to change all folder icons at once.
They will contain the steps to guide you through the whole process properly.
- All you need is to dig in the Registry and voila. Now, here is another warning, it may cause damage to the system so you need to be careful.
- So it starts as type Regedit in your Start menu, it opens the utility. To continue, there will be administrator permissions required.
- Navigate to this location: “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer”
- Then in the left sidebar right-click on Explorer folder and select New and then Key.
- Name this nee key as Shell Icons and then opt for it in the sidebar.
- Right-click in the blank place on the right side and select New then Expandable String Value.
- Then set the name as 3 and repeat this step to create a new string called 4.
- At last, double-click the newly created string 3. Enter the location in the Value data field of your folder icon in quotes.
- You can do this by holding the Shift key and right-click the ICO Afterward, select the Copy as a path option.
- The path will be like: “C:\Users\User\Documents\ICO Icons\folder.ico”
- You need to repeat this for string 4 also and click on OK. Then exit the Registry Editor.
- Now, you will have to restart your File Explorer so the changes can be applied.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to do so as it will open the Task Manager. Next, click on More details and expand if required.
- Find Windows Explorer on the Processes tab and right-click and then choose Restart.
- The last step will apply the selected icon to all your folders. If you intend to remove the changes then delete the Shell Icons Registry key and voila.
How to Change Icon Size on Windows 10
Sometimes the icon size can also be a cause of the trouble. But we will help you out with this problem also.
On your desktop, right-click at any space and select View.
It will show you Small icons, Medium icons, or Large icons and you can choose any.
Or you can hold the Ctrl key along with scrolling the mouse wheel. It will resize the icons and provide you with a better outlook for the appearance of your whole screen.
Wrapping It All Up!
Customizing the icons in windows 10 can help you gain a more personal experience with all the things related to it.
These are some of the essential steps and information that can lead you towards the ways of customizing any icon with Windows 10.
I am sure that you will love this article to the extent of our hearts.
The reason behind it is that it contains all the well researched and amazing information that would be useful for you in any respective way.
Every bit of content will be properly organized which will make sure the information is authentic. You will gain a lot of benefits after reading the whole content.
We hope that all the information in this review will help you clear all your doubts.
It will also help you to clear all the aspects of ways to change your desktop icon. But if there is still something which is left unclear then there is no need to worry about it at all.
We are here for your rescue. You can simply ask us anything difficult to understand or you find it hard to comprehend its concept.
We will make sure your queries are processed perfectly. All your problems will be analyzed and you will have viable solutions for your problems.
In the end, we just request you to stay tuned for more updates from us.
It will cover all the topics that you find intriguing and will spark your interest. Until then we wish you to have a great experience with customizing any icon with Windows 10.