Are you one of those dealing with the PubMonitor.exe problem? Or are you doubtful about this executable file being legal or not? Well, in this article we are going to discuss in detail these issues.
A lot of people doubt this file, because of its continuous working in the task manager and the extensive usage of other resources, some users are concerned about the risk that this process could prove to be harmful and may corrupt their system.
However, not much could be said about this with certainty. It would be wrong if we labelled this file as a virus or a horse trojan without concrete proof and confirmation.
Therefore, in this guide, we will be discussing several points about this issue that may give you the idea about this executable file.
What Is PubMonitor.exe?
PubMonitor.exe is a software application. This is a component that comes with Driver Booster 5. This program is developed by IObit and this is a legitimate process that can be found running in Windows Task Manager.
Once you end the antivirus search and PubMonitor.exe is shown. Follow the guidelines below to figure out what to do when you encounter this harmful executable file.
PubMonitor.exe File Information
First of all, you will identify the location of the executable itself. Whether a certain file is a valid Windows operation or a virus. For eg, C:\Program Files\iobit\driver booster\5.0.3\driverbooster.exe and not somewhere else will operate as a PubMonitor.exe application.
Launch the Task Manager for confirmation. Go to Display-> Pick Column and choose “Image Path Name” to attach a location column to Task Manager. It may be advisable to look further into this method when there is an odd directory.
Start the software and switch on “Test Legends” (this doesn’t include installation) under Options. Go to Screen-> Pick Columns, then include the column labelled “Authorized signer.”
If a process is identified as the “Authorized Signer,” the method should be looked at for a moment. Not all successful Windows procedures are tagged with an Authorized Signature. But none of those is harmful to your system.
Some important facts about PubMonitor.exe that you should know are the following:
- Publisher: IObit
- Location:C:\Program Files\IObit\Driver Booster\ subfolder;
- Size: 76.61 MB in most operating systems.
- Full Path:C:\Program Files\iobit\driver booster\5.0.3\driverbooster.exe
You must know if you have any problem with this executable file or if it is trustworthy. If you decide to remove PubMonitor.exe you can do this by finding the process in Windows Task Manager.
Best Practices for Resolving PubMonitor.exe Issues
There are various approaches that you may try to resolve PubMonitor.exe. However, in this guide, we will tell you if you should remove or delete PubMonitor.exe. And how you can fix this issue.
Let’s first take a look at if you should remove or delete it, as this approach can also help you to resolve this issue.
Delete or Remove?
It is important to note that you must confirm the legitimacy of PubMonitor.exe before you decide to delete this executable program. Because the efficiency of any associated programs using that program can be affected.
Keep applications and utilities up to date in order to avoid potential file issues. Computer issues are more likely to be associated with control drivers and device updates. And the probability of issues of this kind is minimal or no.
7 per cent of people uninstall this file so that it is not dangerous, according to numerous online surveys. But the reliability of this executable file needs to be checked to see if it is secure or a virus.
Reimage is the easiest way to handle these suspicious data in full system analysis. If the program is confirmed negative. Many programs can also remove PubMonitor.exe and correct malware.
Enter ‘appwiz.cpl’ and simultaneously press on Windows + R KEY. Driver Booster 5 can be identified and uninstalled or removed in the list of programs installed.
- Click on “Control Panel” and then “Program: o” (for Windows 8): o Windows Vista/7/8.1/10: press Uninstall a program , in the Start menu (right click on the bottom-left corner).
- Tap Adding or Deleting Programs on Windows XP.
- If you consider Driver Booster 5, press it, and then press Uninstall: o Windows Vista 7/7/8.1/10.
- Windows XP: To the program right of the tab Remove or Change / Remove tab
- Follow the instruction to remove Driver Booster 5
- One solution to prevent issues with Driver Booster 5 is to have a secure and virus-free system. It guarantees the virus scans are completed, the Cleanmgr and SFC / Scannow which cleaned the hard drive. With MSConfig, you do not need to uninstall applications anymore, and you can upgrade Windows instantly. You should use MSConfig. You Should not neglect backup or at least routinely remember recovery points.
- You may try to recall what you did or the last thing you installed in your system before the issue you are facing turns into a bigger problem. Using the command “resmon” to classify the issue processes. You can also attempt to fix the installation, or in case of Windows 8, you can execute the DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth command in case of critical problems, instead of reinstalling Windows. This enables the operating system to be fixed without missing any data.
- The process of PubMonitor.exe on your computer may be tested using the following methods. Within the Safety Task Manager, all existing Windows operations and synchronized hidden procedures such as a browser and a keyboard are presented. A single risk report shows that spyware, malware and Trojan horses may be possible. This antivirus software detects and deletes on the hard drive spyware, adware, trojans and viruses.
Reinstall Or Download PubMonitor.exe
If the above approaches have not helped you then you may try this last solution.
At this point, we would recommend you to reinstall PubMonitor.exe in your system, rather than downloading it from the internet.
You should reinstall the genuine program Malwarebytes’s anti-malware has partnered with.
Downloading these executable files is not recommended as they may bring several viruses with it that are impossible for you to recognize.
These viruses disguised themselves as executable files, that’s why it is not recommended.
Therefore, the software should be reinstalled when you have the choices to download or reinstall. Driver Booster 5 may be reinstalled with the original application.
- Windows ME
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2000
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 7
- Windows XP
- Windows 10
PubMonitor.exe may often act in your system as a problem variable. This executable file should, therefore, be deactivated.
Our aim in this article was to provide you with all the fundamental and relevant facts. Also, you might prefer to use the alternate option if you were not a computer nerd. It may be a spyware or antivirus program installation.
As it would obviously not be a smart idea to deal with this issue manually without significant skills and experience in knowing computer tools.
We hope that these solutions will be helpful to you. But you need to keep in mind our advice that you must first check the legitimacy of the PubMonitor.exe process before you decide to take any action.