A full system image backup lets you backup up the entire Windows data and recovers when needed. This backup is required when your internal hard disk failed suddenly. You can restore all system files and data using system restore.
So if you are wondering how to create a full Windows image backup in the first place. We have got your back. Let’s get started with this blog post and learn how to create Windows 10 image backup.
Creat System Image Backup in Windows 10
The process as explained below is one of the easiest methods to create Windows 10 System Image Backup. So let’s give it a shot.
- First of all, right-click on the Start button to open the Quick Access menu.
- Go to Control Panel and select Backup and Restore.
- Next, choose the option to create a system image.
- Windows will scan your computer for backup devices.
- You can either backup on an external device or Windows Home Network.
- The latter mode of the backup (NAS or Windows Home Server) requires some additional exquisite steps. Therefore, we recommend using an external backup device.
Windows 10 system backup
On Windows 10, there are several ways to create a system backup. You can either manually copy all the files or create a system backup image. This backup image is a shadow copy of your system data.
Difference between image backup & file backup
Image backup is a shadow copy of all your data including partitions and boot sectors. It creates a backup of all the programs, settings, and much more. Other than file backup, it copies all of your data files.
A file backup can be considered the most important form of backup. As we already know that we can reinstall the applications & programs but not the photos or business records.
How to Restore a System Image Backup in Windows?
Once you know how to create a system image backup, you must also know the restoration process. An image backup saves you from a lot of hassle of reinstalling everything.
So let’s have a look at the steps below and get to know how to restore a system image backup in Windows. Let’s get started.
- Firstly, connect the backup drive to your computer system.
- Connect the disc or bootable USB (that contains system repair files) to your PC.
- Reboot your system.
- Now on the Windows setup page, click “Next”.
- At the bottom left corner, tap Repair your computer link.
- Choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Select the Advanced option.
- Tap System Image Recovery.
- Choose Windows 10 as the targeting operating system.
- On the Reimage your computer page, choose the option Use the latest available system image.
- Tap the Next button.
- In case you are going to restore a full backup, you may carefully choose Format and repetition disks.
- Tap the Next button.
- Choose Finish.
- Tap Yes.
Once all of the above steps are completed, the recovery process will begin. The time taken by the entire procedure depends upon the size of the backup. Make sure that meanwhile the system is being restored, there aren’t any interruptions occurred.
Computers are prone to errors or sudden mishaps of any kind. Therefore, creating a system backup every now and then is a good practice to follow. We should always keep a backup of our data in any form.
In this way, you will never lose all of your important data in one go. In this article, we tried to explain the system image backup creation & restoration in the simplest way possible.