Windows have several different processes and functions which you are not aware of and working as the secret agent to protect your computer from viruses, bugs, errors, and everything that can cause damage to your device.
Every process has its own consequences and functionality that will result in good condition and maintenance of the machine.
Each of them is designed specially to be work efficient on their own. alcmtr.exe is one of them. EXE is an extension file for a file format that can be executed.
A program executable is a file-a specific type of file that is able to be executed or executed as a computer program.
A running file can be executed by a command or a double click on a program in Microsoft DOS and Windows.
Here in this article, we will discuss some of its important aspects and how it works on windows.
In this guide we have,
- What is alcmtr.exe?
- Is it a trojan?
- alcmtr.exe file information
- Best practices for resolving Acmtr issues
- What are the important programs for alcmtr.exe?
- How to check if your device is affected by alcmtr.exe malware?
So, let’s get started.
What is Alcmtr.exe?
It is a software component of Realtek High Definition Audio Driver by Realtek.
It is an interface between the operating system of windows and the audio card of Realtek.
It runs the Azalia codec event monitor which is another essential part of Realtek HD audio.
In addition to this, it is important to know that it’s not an important working process of windows which can be stopped if causing any trouble.
The Realtek HD Audio Driver is a Realtek HD Audio software interface that utilizes Intel’s audio codecs and standards.
Realtek’s AC’97 PC audio model is accompanied by HD Audio. During the creation phase, it was known as ‘Azalia.’
Most motherboards of Intel have Realtek sound chips. It is a Taiwanese semiconductor company which was founded back in 1987.
It employs up to 2000 individuals and most of its working faculty are registered in research and development.
This company sells and manufactures numerous range of products that are integrated circuitry around the world.
Realtek is a very well known firm with different products that covers communication networks, multimedia, peripherals of computers, and so on.
Its headquarter is currently located in Hsinchu science park, Hsinchu, Taiwan. The.exe file extension shows an executable file.
In some cases, executable files can damage your computer.
Please read below for yourself to decide whether your Alcomtr.exe is a trojan you should remove on your computer or whether it is a Windows operating system file or a trusted application.
Is it a trojan?
No, it is not. This software is not an essential part of a window that can be removed easily if causing any trouble.
Alcmtr.exe File Information:
This process is called Realtek Azalia audio event monitor associated with Realtek a software version AC97 Audio- event monitor by Realtek semiconductor.
As mentioned earlier, it is not an essential part of the windows operating system and can be removed if causing any problem but more specifically it hardly causes problems.
You can find this file in the C:\\Windows folder easily as all the .exe files are located there.
The file size of this on windows 7/8/10/XP is about 69,632 bytes with the occurrence of 71% starting from 57,44 bytes to 126,976 bytes.
It is not a core file of windows. You can start the program which is visible on windows startup that is the registry key: MACHINE/Run, Run.
In addition to this, this file is a Microsoft signed Exe.program which has a visible window.
Moreover, from an internal source, the alcmtr.exe windows process does not really need AC97 audio by Realtek.
The file “spyware” used to monitor one ‘s actions surreptitiously. It’s not a disaster, like remote control programs, but Realtek collects customer data.
Some malware is camouflage as Alcamtr.exe, such as F-secure, Variant. Graftor.121062 and W.S.Reputation.1 (detected by Symantec).
Therefore, the Alcmtr.exe on your Computer should be tested to see if it is a threat. For testing computer protection, we suggest the Protection/Security Task Manager.
Best Practices for Resolving Alcmtr Issues:
After reading what this process is about and how it works for windows here arises a question:
What are the best ways to resolve alcmtr.exe issues?
Below we have mentioned the best and the most effective way to remove them easily with no fuss,
- The first and foremost way to remove such errors is to keep your device clean and stable enough to work effectively as keeping your device clean can help you in preventing such problems.
- You need to clean the malware and keep on scanning the hard drive to maintain the condition of your device and preventing such problems
- You can resolve actmr issues by cleanmgr
- You can resolve actmr issues by SFC/scannow
- You can resolve actmr issues by uninstalling unnecessary programs
- You can resolve actmr issues by MSConfig and by enabling windows
- You can resolve actmr issues by resmon command in order to identify the processes your problem is causing. You are much better off fixing your machine or running Windows 8 and later for severe problems than reinstalling Windows.
- You can resolve actmr issues by the automatic update. Just make sure to keep on backing up your important files and data and keeping them safe at any restoring point.
- You can resolve actmr issues by DISM.exe/online/cleanup-image/restorehealth. This will help you in repairing the operating system without losing any of your important data.
What are the Important Programs for Alcmtr.exe?
Here you must be wondering what programs are really essential when you have such a windows process in your system?
Well, there are two very important and helpful programs for any exe.file that will help them in running smoothly and keeping the viruses away by giving you the analysis for any exe.program on your computer.
Below we have mentioned the two important programs that will help you in such cases,
- The first program is called Malwarebytes Anti-malware. This program is used to detect and remove unnecessary trojans, malware, keyloggers, trackers from hard drives, and sleeping spyware that takes place on your computer without letting you know.
- Second, we have a security task manager which is designed to Show all Windows-related functions, including secret automated processes such as the control of the keyboard and browser or Autostart entries. A unique risk rating for the safety indicates the probability of a spyware, malware, or trojan process.
- You will notice when it is affected by malware that it starts freezing quite often
- You will notice when it is affected by malware when it starts popping up annoying advertisements quite often
- You will notice when it is affected by malware when it starts performing very low
- You will notice when it is affected by malware when the alcmtr.exe file starts consuming a lot of your CPU memory
- You will notice when it is affected by malware when the internet connection starts oscillating way to high
- You will notice when it is affected by malware when it starts redirecting unknown websites
- You will notice when it is affected by malware when any other malware is invited to infiltrate and harm the device and the same is used to collect private information from the user.
In addition to this, if you face any of the above-mentioned situations then just know your device is affected by an exe.malware.
You can also confirm it by checking it on the task manager with the help of combination keys ctrl+alt+del and open the process tab and then right-click on the alcmtr.exe option or any other exe which you want to check and see the location.
It is necessary to check the location of this exe.file which has to be located in C:\\Windows, if not or located in any of the subfolders like C:\Program files then the security rate can expand easily such as 86% which is very dangerous.
Having said that, the guide to alcmtr.exe came to an end.
We hope that we were able to educate you on all the important aspects of it just make sure to keep your computer in good condition so that you don’t have to face such problems.
For more guides like this do contact us as we truly value your feedback!