What Is dslagent.exe?
dslagent.exe is a file that is executable which is a proud member of the Third-Party Application and developed by Windows Software Developer.
Usually, the Windows version has a file size of about 90112. If you don’t know about the .exe at the end of the file then let me explain.
The .exe is an extension file that indicates that the following file is executable and can run.
Also in some rare well not in rare cases the executable file can harm your PC by running a dangerous or harmful file.
To check whether or whether not the AskService.exe on your PC is a harmful Trojan or not. Therefore I come with a solution through which you can identify the type of it.
dslagent.exe File Information:
The easiest way to observe whether the file is legitimate or not or is it just a virus, the location of the file is the way.
A process like an dslagent.exe runs from C:\Windows\System32 folder (common is C:\Program Files (x86)\Conexant\Adsl\ or C:\Program Files (x86)\D-Link\DSL-200\).and not from other locations.
A process like dslagent.exe runs from C:\Program Files” and not from other locations. Here are the sizes in different platforms of Windows (10/8/7/XP) are 65,536 bytes (48% of all occurrences), 90,112 bytes, or 16,384 bytes.
This executable file is not a part of the Windows core file and also does not have any sort of information. The file is not a visible file due to which the security rating is 64% dangerous.
You can check it through a registry key Run, MACHINE\RUN.
If you want to see in-depth than go to Task Manager, and View -> Select Columns and select “Image Path Name” this will add a location on your Task Manager.
If you find a suspicious process than it will be a good idea that you straight take an action. There is another tool from which you can find a suspicious process via Microsoft process explorer.
It’s a simple step, start the program, and activate check legends from the option bar. Next, go to view>select column and add verifies signer as for the column.
The most important facts about dslagent.exe:
- Name: dslagent.exe
- Software: Third-Party Application
- Publisher: Windows Software Developer
- Expected Location: C:\Program Files\Windows Software Developer\Third-Party Application\ subfolder
- Expected Full Path: C:\Program Files\Windows Software Developer\Third-Party Application\dslagent.exe
- SHA1: 57dd3387d8f946ea7e4e885b81fb32802243dd50
- SHA256: 9c48e539cd9fa34e6f84b83a8ef54c35ca5b6943dbbc367a5141ae1f8021798e
- MD5: d05c84dfd85560714f52671744a04edf
- Known to be up to 90112 bytes in size on most Windows;
So if you are having any sort of difficulty whether or whether not the file dslagent.exe is trustworthy or not then you should find this particular process in Task Manager.
Find the location of the file in C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32 folder, and compare it to the file size I mentioned above.
For some reason, you feel that your computer is affected by a virus than so have to fix it no matter what.
In order to delete the dslagent.exe download and install a security application more like anti-virus software for the malware.
Point to note is that not all software can detect and remove the malicious software you need to try several anti-virus software until you have succeeded it.
Also, the virus may affect itself and thus delete the dslagent.exe. So for such cases, you need to enable you safe mode with networking, which is a secure environment that stops or disables most of the process and allows few which are necessary.
From there you can run a security program on your PC and complete the task.
Best Practices For Resolving dslagent.exe Issue:
The best solution for this is to have a clean PC which is an essential requirement in avoiding dslagent.exe.
That means running software that scans malware and cleans you HDD using cleanmgr and sfc/scannow, also uninstalling the unwanted programs that you don’t feel the need of.
Checking for an Autostart program by using Msconfig and enabling your windows automatic updates.
If you are having a similar experience than remember the last program you installed before the issue. Use the resmon command to spot the processes that are causing a problem.
If you are facing a serious problem instead of reinstalling repair it by using DISM.exe/Online/Cleanup-image/Restorehealth.
This will repair your Windows without deleting your files.
If you want to spot AskService.exe Host than you can do it by reviewing in security task manager where it shows all the programs and background programs running.
You can also use anti-virus software like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to detect all the malicious software present on your computer.
- 1. In the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen’s bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then under Programs:
- o Windows Vista/7/8.1/10: Click Uninstall a Program.
- o Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
- 2. When you find the program Third-Party Application, click it, and then:
- o Windows Vista/7/8.1/10: Click Uninstall.
- o Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
- 3. Follow the prompts to remove Third-Party Application.
Common dslagent.exe Error Messages:
The most common dislagent.exe errors that can appear are:
- “dslagent.exe Application Error.”
- “dslagent.exe failed.”
- “dslagent.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- “dslagent.exe is not a valid Win32 application.”
- “dslagent.exe is not running.”
- “dslagent.exe not found.”
- “Cannot find dslagent.exe.”
- “Error starting program: dslagent.exe.”
- “Faulting Application Path: dslagent.exe.”
- Now, these errors, the .exe errors will appear while you are installing a program, or during the execution of the program of its dedicated software Third-Party Application during the windows startup or more surprised when you are installing windows.
Here we can say that the executable is a threat and therefore it has to be removed from your PC at once.