Software developers appreciate technologies that provide quality results and are enjoyable to work with. This is why React Native has gained such popularity in the IT industry lately. If you’re seeking to make a cool mobile app for your company, the solution is right here. This framework certainly has a lot to offer, so today, we will focus on what React Native is used for, how to hire a React Native developer, and what set of skills they should have to help you get a top-tier mobile app.
What React Native Is
React Native stands as a modern framework used for developing mobile applications that work seamlessly across multiple platforms. It enables the creation of a unified project for both iOS and Android platforms. Facebook, Instagram, Skype, Pinterest, Uber, Tesla, SoundCloud, Uber, and other big companies are interested in developing mobile applications using this technology. The community of developers from all over the world is distributed under an open-source license and implements native behavior corresponding to the final platform.
Why React Native is so popular
- It is possible to quickly write an application for both platforms. Reduced costs result in increased profitability for businesses.
- A vast collection of components, both native and non-native, is available in the extensive library.
- For debugging, you can use the browser. There is also a hot reload to quickly view the changes. Modifying the code does not necessitate rebuilding the application.
- For rendering components, native components of the system are used (for example, UIImage/ImageView), respectively the performance of such a UI is higher than when using web view.
- Just write your library for RN using the native functionality of the system.
- Another contributing factor to the recent surge in the popularity of React Native is its adoption by industry giants like Skype, Tesla, Baidu, Bloomberg, and more.
If companies want to create highly functional mobile apps that are as easy to use as native ones, then they need to hire a React Native developer.
Required Skills for a React Native Developer
The skills that a professional React Native developer should have to include the following:
- Creating the external part of the program, the user interacts with images, content, buttons, forms, etc.
- Setting up dynamic and animated transitions in the application and reactions to gestures (swipes).
- Integrating the service with a camera, microphone, and GPS.
- Engaging in setting up push notifications and chats.
- Program authorization by fingerprint, Face ID, and authentication via e-mail or social networks.
- Adding the ability to pay with Apple Pay and Google Pay.
- Performing testing and debugging code, looking for and fixing errors.
- Writing updates and optimizing an already running service.
What a specialist should know
Let’s define what a developer should know and be able to do:
- Experience with React Native, React.JS frameworks, and Redux library.
- Using tools for creating programs for iOS and Android — XCode and Android Studio.
- Understanding the principles of mobile development.
- Knowing what are the ways to test applications.
- Being fluent in English at the level of reading technical documentation.
- The knowledge and skills of a specialist who is engaged in programming in React Native depend on their qualifications.
What Is the Best Way to Hire React Native Developers
Here are some practical steps on how to hire React Native developers to provide high-quality products in a reasonable timeframe and at an affordable price.
- Consider the current state of your business project. The creation of a software application is never a cheap and rather complicated process, so it should be carefully planned and controlled.
- Choose a collaboration model based on the number of React Native developers you need. Once the project specifications and requirements are in place, the next step is to decide which interaction model to choose in order to work with the software development team you need.
- Schedule an interview with your candidate. Once a few potential software development partners have been found, it’s time to interview the candidates.
- Find the right software development company with React Native developers. Many companies offer React Native development services. To find the best React Native developers among them, you should conduct thorough research of potential candidates.
When considering potential candidates
- Prioritize those with proven experience in international software development.
- Portfolio with similar software development projects.
- Relevant developer profiles.
- Reviews and feedback from past clients can be accessed on reputable external platforms such as LinkedIn, Clutch, and other trusted sources.