Windows is one of the most efficient and widely used operating systems that is incorporated with a broad range of amazing features.
However, now with advancing technology, you can even run two operating systems on one computer.
There are several ways to do that, but in this article, we will talk about how you can run macOS on Windows in a Virtual Machine (VM.)
This is a good option if you want to multitask with the creative features of macOS and efficiency of Windows
Moreover, if you’re into the older version of macOS then we can help you with this.
Here in this article we will learn 3 most effective ways to downgrade to an older version of macOS, be it be Mojave, Catalina, high sierra, sierra, El Capitan etc or any other version.
Moreover just to let you know that downgrade is easy but in the case of Apple so be ready for some fuss!
In this guide we have,
- Downgrading macOS
- Before downgrade don’t forget to back up
- By using macOS recovery
- By using time machine backup
- Reinstalling macOS
No matter if you uninstall your update of the macOS, on your hard drive you can lose everything.
Your safest bet is to back up the whole hard drive in order to guarantee you don’t lose anything.
And then there are such vendors too that will ask you to upgrade your device to the latest version so that your ongoing project won’t get affected.
Before downgrade DON’T forget to back up!
It doesn’t matter the way you downgrade but as a matter of fact, you will lose everything that is present in the current macOS version harddrive.
So it’s better before taking this step that you backup everything on the current hard drive so that you doesn’t lose your important data.
You can do a backup using the built-in time machine very easily. In addition to this, you can restore the previous time machine.
Make sure that you restore the recent files.
You can also do this step when your mac is in recovery mode! Make sure that you install the latest macOS Catalina as this will be worth installing. And how will you do this?
- Go to macOS utility menu and select reinstall macOS or OS X
- Select Continue to start the process and Apple will verify a few things over here to install the OS effectively. Your screen will appear as a prompt to enter your Apple’s ID which is also a part of this process.
- Then accept the terms and conditions of the license agreement and select the hard drive in which you want to install.
- Select Install to begin with the process
So you must be wondering how much time this process will take? Well, this all depends on the condition of your computer and the internet connection. Make sure you have a high frequency of signals while performing reinstallation!
Once this is done after seeing the welcome screen on your mac you will be assured now that it is back to factory default if you’re selling your Mac and want the owner to use it as per their requirement.
Hold the Command + Q key to shut down the setup so that the new owner can start the setup according to their needs.
By Using macOS Recovery
This is a simple and effective way to downgrade to an older version by recovering macOS.
In case your mac doesn’t come with the latest version of macOS then downgrading is the perfect option for you.
You can also use macOS recovery for such circumstances and just make sure that internet connectivity is efficient at the time of installation as the previous macOS would be installed.
And as mentioned earlier, don’t forget to backup if you don’t want to lose anything important in that particular version.
First backup your device then follow the steps mentioned below,
- Shut down your Mac first
- Turn your computer on again and as soon as it is opened hold shift option cmd + R. You will see the fact that it takes a bit longer to start again as it does normally because of a load of macOS recovery.
- Once you’re done with the macOS utilities select to reinstall macOS and click OK to continue with the procedure
- Just keep on following the ongoing prompt and select the appropriate disk startup to begin the installation.
- In order to complete the installation process follow the ongoing screen commands.
- Moreover, once done with the installation don’t forget to restore the files that you have backed up earlier.
By Using Time Machine Backup
This is another effective way to downgrade to an older version of macOS but make sure that you have the backup of the previous time machine or else you won’t be able to do this process,
- Plug your mac to the time machine disk and then restart the device.
- Meanwhile during the startup don’t forget to hold the following keys cmd + R to enter macOS recovery.
- When you see the macOS utilities, don’t forget to recover the backup of the time machine and continue with the further process.
- Then the next screen that will appear in front of you select continue to go further
- Next, you need to choose the restore source so that the backup would appear over there.
- At the current screen select the appropriate backup that you want to restore. So that you can view the version of macOS which was used earlier.
- In addition to this just keep on following the on-screen instructions to complete the reinstallation and then recover the files that you used for backup.
Having said that, the guide to downgrade to an older version of macOS came to an end.
We hope that we were able to educate you with all the important aspects of this. Just make sure you follow each step carefully.
For further details, you can contact us as we truly value your feedback!